A full featured Jabber client for the web. It is the same stand alone chat client which is built into the inTouch communications suite. Claros Chat is well tested with Google Talk and it supports all major browsers such as Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari, Mozilla. With a minimalistic and elegant user interface, Claros Chat looks much like a desktop application.
Jabber Based Works with any Jabber server, including Google Talk.
Works in browser Works 100% within the browser, no setup neither any plugins required.
Ajax Based It is a 100% Ajax application, with a clean and nice user interface.
Platform and Browser Independent Supports all major browsers and operating systems.
Java It is built using standard JSP/Servlets can run on any Java capable operating system.
Notifications It can display user avatars including your own besides alert a sound on a new message.
Smileys Supports many of the emotions with MSN like smileys.
Supports Transports Chat with any network(MSN, AIM...) with a suitable gateway installed.
1. Unzip the claros-x.y-zip.
2. Create a new database called chat (or whatever you like) at MySQL (MySQL command -> "create database chat"
3. Run the SQL script at the SQL directory. (Type at shell prompt -> "mysql -u root -p chat < chat-mysql.sql"
4. There is a file called chat.war in the archive. Drop it into the webapps directory of Apache Tomcat
2. Start Tomcat
3. Edit the config.xml file, Hint: simply change your database password.
4. Restart tomcat
That's it. You can access the Claros...
Claros is revolutionary software. I love how it has a notebook, email, RSS reader and chat built in to one great web application. It simplifies doing all of my tasks whether it be reading the latest technology news, sending an email or chatting with colleagues and friends.
Technologics Servers Inc.